page speed problem
- Remove any unnecessary plug-ins (if you are using WordPress) or java script from the pages.
- Optimize the size of your images
- Use a caching service or plug-in (I use WP Super cache and W3Total Cache).
- Go to http://www.webpagetest.org/ and test how many seconds it takes for your pages to load from different locations, internet speed and browsers. The analysis report at the end will also tell you which components of your page take too long to load so that you can remove them.
Go to Google Page Speed Service to analyze your web site and get performance recommendations.
- If you have a lot of images on your site and you cannot improve performance with the recommendations given by the tools mentioned above you can consider using a CDN (Content Delivery Network) service such as Cloud Flare or Amazon Cloud Front
I know that tackling issues related to performance is a technical issue and sometimes it’s not easy for the average user to identify and solve the problems. Nevertheless it is a very important factor for SEO and should not be neglected. If you can identify that your web site has performance issues you can either hire a developer through odesk.com for example, or hire me to help you out.